Friday, May 21, 2010

I Found the Problem

Eating the whole 450 calorie bar of (absolutely terrific) chocolate bark with everything in it, instead of just a quarter of it like I'd planned.  That was what made me go over calorie budget.  So simple, really. Just eat a little bit of it and stop and I'd be fine.

Clearly, I can't be trusted to buy and have around good chocolate. On the other hand, I hate to spend any calories at all on mediocre chocolate. It appears the only thing I can manage to ration out are the Dove Darks. They are nearly perfection in their balance of darkness and sweetness and melt in your mouth texture. Yet, they are so familiar to me I can leave some in the package - I don't have to finish it all at once. And at 35 calories each, I can have a couple or a few. Rarely do I go nuts on them. But every now and then I want something different.

Maybe I need to find a candy store that sells individual filled chocolates. For like $2 each. That would cut down the buying and eating of them.

I love cookies and cakes more than straight candy, but the calories in those actually add up much faster than the calories of pure chocolate. A single big bakery chocolate chip cookie can easily be 300 or more calories on its own. I aim at no more than 150 calories worth of an evening treat.

Sigh. Have to keep working on how to balance having my candy and not eating it, too.

No comments: