Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Day with Sun and Water

Yesterday was a very active day and I'm feeling a bit of the aftermath right now. I started with the gym, and then went directly up to the boat and sailed and then worked on it for a while. I was exhausted when I got home at 7:30 and pretty much just flopped on the couch until going to bed relatively early.

I wore three quarter sleeves, capris and a hat because I was afraid of the sun. I slathered all over before I left the house but still bundled up. It was cold enough on the water with a nice breeze blowing over 58 degree water that this was no burden. Still, I feel today the nice glow of slightly sunburned skin, in just small enough places with small enough severity it feels good.

My magic calorie counting device does not think I burn a lot of calories while underway sailing. I'd probably have to agree with it, yet the fresh air makes me hungry. Something to keep in mind as I move through the summer.  The desire to have a beer to top off the sun and exercise was tremendous, but I just said no because it wasn't in the budget.  It worked out. The beer called more faintly and for a shorter period of time than chocolate seems to.

Today is the garden day. I hope to significantly exceed the calorie burn of yesterday while maintaining the eating discipline - that might be harder because I'll have more eating options all day.  But onward and upward (or downward on the scale I hope).

1 comment:

Nan S said...

I did - on Sunday, May 2, I hit my all time high for calories burned in a single day. So far.