Friday, February 19, 2021

The Sh*tshow Continues

I have tap-dancing class online at noon. I signed in a couple minutes early on my ipad, in the basement, wearing my tap shoes. At 12:04, (I found out later) the local hospital sent an email saying they had spaces available. At 12:30, I checked my phone and spotted the email, which had been forwarded by several listserves I'm on. I turned off the zoom camera and clicked on the link to the website, then the red "REGISTER" button on the screen. It took me to the screen you see here. Does this mean "just be patient, you are in a cue"? Or does it mean "refresh every 30 seconds and you might get through"? 

I decided it meant the latter, and so every 30 seconds for the next TWO AND A HALF HOURS I clicked "refresh". Then, at last, it took me slowly, s-l-o-w-l-y to the next screen, which said "no appointment availability". 

So glad I have absolutely nothing else to do with my time.

Apparently, there is a phone line for "non-internet friendly old people" run by the state that will, according to the message, have more appointments available on Monday. Guess we know how I'll be spending my day.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ouch.
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Nan.
A. My idol, taking tap dancing.
B. Sorry for that vaccine trouble. It took me a while to get my appt also. I got a tip that in our county, they roll out waves of appts between 8 and 8:30 a.m. and to keep signing back in. It seemed to work at 8:35.
Finally did get first vaccine last week.
Sending love.
Alice