Friday, February 12, 2021

Archive Project: Intriguing Finds

 

Working my way through the boxes, I find such interesting things. Last night, I found a postcard my grandfather sent my grandmother in 1916, before they were married. These people are strangers to me - my grandfather dead decades before I was born, my grandmother frozen mentally in the Victorian times she was raised. But how cute!

It's a penny postcard of the veterinary college he attended, sent to her at the family farm where she lived, age 19.

"Say don't you think you had better get busy? Big basketball game on tonight, vets vs. Lawyers. "Noble" is feeling rather "indisposed" again, has kind of a "grip".  ONS"

Was she invited to the game? Who is "Noble"? A friend? Or an animal patient? Things I will never know.

3 comments:

KCF said...

LOVE! Were they talking in secret code???

Liz said...

Wow,so cute. I think she promised him a good luck charm for basketball, and noble is a patient. This note is more than 100 years old!
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

I love this note so much. So, so much. Thanks for posting.
LOVE Alice