Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week #1 Session #2

Exactly 2 miles in 30 minutes for an average speed of 4.0 mph. Jogs at 5.1 today. Heartrate soared to above 160 bpm when I first sped up. I think it was instrument error but I kind of like the notion of my heart waking up startled and scared: what's this? Fight or flight? Must be flight? But the heart quickly settled down. Under 140 bpm in the jogs and down to 120 bpm on the walks.

(Later edit) The secret to my going to the gym so faithfully, and working so hard there, is the accountability that comes from having an appointment and working with someone there. So I may be doing some very boring posts here, dear reader, but I'm right now wanting to be publicly accountable for keeping up with the prescribed workout plan and getting to the 5k race in April.  I ought to post each and every session on the plan - and since I can do it from my phone right there, there is no excuse not to.

There are supposed to be three sessions per week each week.

- iPhone uPdate

1 comment:

KCF said...

not boring at all. I am really enjoying this journey!