Saturday, November 11, 2017

My Looks

Let's face it, I care what I look like. All this talk about health, and doing stuff, and feeling good, is true, but I want to look good.  Because I like data, and I try to be objective, I have been doing a fair number of selfies, and looking at them for clues how to look better. Here is what I look (and looked) like this year:


I have had a hard time getting this video to play, so here is a link as well.

My analysis:  posture and smiling are more important than what I'm wearing, except for when I dressed up for a cold long scooter trip and ended up looking like a cross between the Michelin Man and an astronaut - nothing could save that look!

Just FYI, my niece uses this app, "1 Second Everyday" with videos of her kids - really fun! I may try to remember to do this during my next vacation as well.  It can also be used with still pictures, which is mostly what this is. Since I took all these pictures on my phone, and haven't deleted them yet, I was able to put this together during a too-long wait in a doctor's office this week.

How vain of me is it that not only do I have a big mirror in my bedroom, but I put in a new light so I can take these pictures better?


4 comments:

KCF said...

Ok, first thoughts: 1) you look so cute esp when you smile! 2) So many cute outfits, esp you in dresses, which I don't see often on you in person, 3) Nan, you are a prime example of improving with age--you look freaking amazing, totally in the groove with what works for you and your style, 4) outfit selfie tips, please!!!!

KCF said...

and, oh, my kingdom for your toned arms. Sleevless and looking good???? say what????

Liz said...

Not vain at all. It’s a tool toward your goal, and there’s nothing wrong with your goal.
I think your hair photographs a little redder than I see it in life, but red also is a really good color on you.
Kind of amazing seeing the variety of outfits in quick succession - Malibu Nan, meeting Nan, gym Nan, and I just loved scooter Nan!
This is brave. Last spring in the midst of shoulder pt and no exercise, I was trying to pick something to wear to a Boston event and had peter take photos of some options. I found it devastating.
At the same time, if you don’t face it, you can’t improve it. Very educational.
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

You look great. I love that you analyzed this!!!! I agree w Kim re dresses!