Sunday, February 19, 2017

Steady as She Goes

It has been a good week. No flu. No migraine. I cooked enough that I carried my meal to work every day. I am mindful as I eat, and conscious of the tastes, slower, and enjoying it as I go. The weight loss I see is real, though less than the initial woosh.

Total Calorie Burn.
Big one-time drop was switch in technology.
My real focus is on upping my activity, though. If I can manage the food the way I did this week - not the main focus of my week, but good and easy due to planning, then I have more time and energy to work on the activity. I spent some time going back and looking at my activity statistics.  I've definitely got scope in improve my activity levels.
Steps from fitbit

I've tracked my calorie burn since I first started wearing a device.  The big drop shows that different devices calculate it differently.  I think the more recent data is probably more "true". The absolute scale is actually not that important - it's the trend. So the calorie count shows that the past few months I've definitely upped my game from last year.

Zooming in on steps in the past couple of years, you can see there is a lot of variability in how much I walk.  In June of 2015 and 2016 I took vacations with a lot of walking. But generally, 2016 had fewer steps than 2015. This last January, I took a work trip that required being on my feet a lot. I've got another walking vacation coming up, so I'm strongly motivated to get these step counts up!

Speaking of that, it's warm and sunny and the dog is restless.  Catch you later.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Any interest in scheduling a regular school night walk? Can't do Thursday, but I mean to walk more and a date would ensure it.

Believe it or not, we wouldn't have to talk, I could do earbuds too.

It's an idea!
Liz