Saturday, November 14, 2015

Crossing the Line

This time of year is filled with family birthdays and anniversaries. My brother-in-law turns 50 today!  This is a significant milestone, for sure.  I went running this morning as a celebration for our running club organizer who turns 50 on Monday.  And this morning, she saw her goal weight on the scale, the goal that she set this spring.

But I did it too. Today, for the first time since August 2000, and only the second time for as long as I've been keeping track, I weigh below my goal weight.  This has been my mental goal since 1988, people!  How about that!!!!

Of course losing 5 pounds in less than a week is almost all water. This is what happens when you switch suddenly to a very low carb diet.  I bounced back down as fast as I bounced up.  But it sure isn't 50 pounds of water!  And this weight is fifty pounds less than I weighed in 1995, and again for New Year's 1998, when I kicked off The Big Loss, Part 1.

What I want to do is get to a point where my average weight is my goal weight, so I'm not completely done with the losing weight phase. And we see from last week's post that I'll never be done with maintenance.  But I'm doing the happy dance, as I plan what I'm going to eat at tonight's birthday dinner!

4 comments:

KCF said...

Honestly, I got teary-eyed reading this. So impressed. So happy. So proud. So inspired!!!! much love

Liz said...

Wow! What an enormous milestone, what a long slog, what a triumphal busting of the finish line tape! And you doubled down in the years when you had the most going on with family and work.
I tip my hat, miss thing!
Liz

Liz said...

Wow! What an enormous milestone, what a long slog, what a triumphal busting of the finish line tape! And you doubled down in the years when you had the most going on with family and work.
I tip my hat, miss thing!
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Nan, that is wonderful! Truly wonderful. To your health, with love, Alice