Monday, October 17, 2011

At Least I Was Efficient

Very sluggish start to this new week.  I've been to the gym, but every move was like I was moving through jello. I took a minute to plug in the magic device and upload my activity and sleep. I've spent the last week scarcely moving at all - very low levels of calories burned. And sleep - not so much.

I blame both the lack of sleep and the lack of movement on reading. I just finished the Swedish trilogy that begins with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  It sucked me in and every available moment was spent with it. I finished last night - too late to get a long night's sleep.  But to my surprise, I appear to have had the longest uninterrupted sleep I've had in weeks. I got less than six and a half hours total, but that is with only lying down for a few minutes more than the sleep.  By the scoring of my activity software, I was 96% efficient in my sleeping.  No waking up and tossing and turning.

So more "duh, it's so obvious". I'm starting the week with a sleep deficit. But it appears all I have to do to get more sleep is turn out the light earlier.  Huh. But sometimes it's worth slapping yourself in the face with a big dose of the obvious.

No comments: