Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cabbage Soup

Since Saturday, I've only eaten cabbage and it's close relative with a college education, cauliflower. Oh yeah, and fruit. Lots of fruit. Cherries and watermelon and peaches.

Sadly, it's not yet time for the winter vegetables, so my brassicas are from Whole Foods, probably the west coast. I've had cole slaw with ginger-miso dressing, braised cauliflower with beef broth and curry flavor, and cabbage soup with lamb necks. all really delicious, and I'm stuffed. But according to weight watchers, I've barely scratched my points. Plus, I think I spent less than ten dollars on four days worth of food.

When I was in Norway a few years ago, I attended a lecture on the civilian experience during the Second World War. The Nazis sent most of the food away to Germany, and so everyone was hungry. They grew cabbages on every square foot of land they could find. But it turns out you can stuff yourself on cabbages and still lose weight. Let's see how true that is.

I'm focussing on these "hero vegetables". Next up: broccoli.


Sherbert update

No comments: