Saturday, June 11, 2022

Lighthearted Fun

I spent my Friday night enjoying a lighthearted, fun, seemingly trivial, movie. But according to Tom and Lorenzo, it is also heavily significant, even historic.

Here is an intelligent and amusing romantic comedy, borrowing much of the story line of Pride and Prejudice.  So of course, you know how it will end. But set in idyllic Fire Island Pines, it shows a world close physically to where I grew up, one always known to me, but never before seen.

It's fun and charming. The novel setting allows for continued interest as we see how the familiar story plays out. You end with a smile on your face.

And afterwards, I listened to the fabulous and opinionated Tom & Lorenzo rave about how good, unique, and significant this seemingly trivial movie really is.

Pop Style Opinion Fest


1 comment:

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Oh, thanks. I want to watch that. I went to Fire Island for 24 hours once with Dan and Skipper and friends who have a family house there. Intriguing place. Love Alice