Thursday, January 13, 2022

Oscar Rundown

 My friend normally publishes a list of movies to watch on her blog as we approach the Oscar nominations. Since she is otherwise engaged, as a public service here is my quick list of movies with how my app ("Just Watch") says they are available as of today. 

The ones in blue I have seen (just TWO!). The ones in green I want to see. Unmarked I'm undecided on whether I'm going to work to see them. (I just finished watching Don't Look Up and can't figure out how to format the color so consider it blue.)

I was surprised at how many are not currently available for streaming. I think some were available via HBO Max but only for a limited time. Maybe they will open up again.

"GG*" means it won a Golden Globe. SAG means it has been nominated by Screen Actor's Guild.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Being the Ricardos

Prime

GG*

SAG

 

 

The Tender Bar

Prime

 

SAG

 

 

Belfast

Apple

GG*

SAG

 

 

Tragedy of MacBeth

Apple

 

SAG

 

 

CODA

Apple

 

SAG

 

 

In the Heights

HBO Max

 

 

 

 

Tick tick boom

HBO Max

GG*

SAG

 

 

Power of the Dog

Netflix

GG*

SAG

 

 

Passing

Netflix

 

SAG

 

 

Don’t Look Up

Netflix

 

 

 

 

The Lost Daughter

Netflix

 

SAG

 

 

Encanto

Disney

GG*

 

 

 

Spencer

Rent/Buy

 

 

 

 

King Richard

Rent/Buy

GG*

SAG

 

 

Respect

Rent/Buy

 

SAG

 

 

Dune

Rent/Buy

GG*

 

 

 

Cyrano

NONE

 

 

 

 

Nightmare Alley

NONE

 

SAG

 

 

Licorice Pizza

NONE

 

SAG

 

 

House of Gucci

NONE

 

SAG

 

 

West Side Story

NONE

GG*

SAG

 

 

The Eyes of Tammy Faye

NONE

 

SAG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

KCF said...

So helpful! Thanks for taking the baton!

Alice said...

I cannot believe how few I’ve seen. Sigh. Going to the movies was always a big thing for me and Dan. On this list, we saw West Side Story together at the theater. I think that is all? We have seen others streaming but must check...heard Tender Bar is good....I feel like we are living in Groundhog Day. Going out to buy a bath bomb is a big day for me. xoxo

Liz said...

Handy chart, Nan, thanks! I found out I have Apple TV this month so will watch Belfast with my mom, then maybe we can schedule Macbeth. Denzel is really the perfect age - lots of charismatic actors, but he has gravitas. And Frances! Very excited.

Enjoyable films I recommend In the Heights, King Richard, WSS, Tick, Tick,

Not so easy but really good - Passing, Lost Daughter
Liz