Sunday, November 21, 2021

Room Reveal

I decided to act on updating my room variously known as Rocky's Room, Abbey's Room, The Dog's Room, the TV Room, the Sun Room, and The Porch. In a big stroke of luck, I contacted my contractor just as he had a room-sized hole in his schedule. As a result, from deciding to act to having it done was less than a month total. This almost never happens! Here is a link to the post from a month ago when I was poised to move forward. When I spoke to the contractor who did my basement, we worked out a reasonable scope of work for a reasonable price, and I just went ahead without getting any other bids. I had to leap into action going through my piled up stuff and especially books. I took ten brown grocery bags of books to the library bookstore, yay! And now I'm sitting in this updated room, all cozy with new heat and clean walls and books I can actually access and my plants, and I'm thrilled!

This shows the cluttered corner
with books wedged into the shelves
As often happens, I don't have good "before" pictures. I was pretty good about taking the "during" photos. As soon as I was well moved back in I quickly took the "after" pix, before I start messing and cluttering up the place.

   

 

 

 

 


 

Just started - air conditioner out of the wall,
electric baseboard heaters next


Drywall going up. See the hole where the a/c used to be.
Drywall going on top of the paneling. 

Ready for paint!

Painted! I'm shampooing the rug before moving back in.

EEEK! A hole in my wall!

The outdoor component of the mini-split

This was funny - when they pulled the baseboard and heating unit off this wall, what seemed to be an entire bag of dog food fell out! There have often been mice in this room, but it seems a little excessive to think they stored all of this. Maybe it just came from Rocky throwing it around accidentally - I did used to feed him in this room.



Done! I mostly sit in the chair here, so this is my view,
and Bixby mostly stays on patrol looking out the front window.

Done! The furniture will be adjusted some more,
but all the components are in place.

Done! This is the view no-one gets from this corner.
I used the phone's wide-angle lens, and you can see the
mini-split near the ceiling.


1 comment:

KCF said...

Looks so fresh! Great work!