Saturday, February 8, 2020

How Much is Too Much?

Bags is the first of many issues in this closet.
I’m going in! Send help if I’m not heard from.
I am truly my mother’s daughter when it comes to bags. I have kept daypacks, briefcases, messenger bags, and tote bags all in a closet in my office. But it’s gotten ridiculous - I need to get rid of some of them. Eight daypacks is at least a couple too many, yes? But almost every one of them sparks some joy in me. Each has its good points, things that compensate for the drawbacks of one of the others.

So I did the Kondo thing and pulled them all out, added a few bags that had found other homes, and tried hard to divest myself of most of them. I invited my girl to take her pick, and she went for one of my favorites! But it was my fourth favorite, not my first or even my second, so I let her keep it. I’ve put some of the others into a bag, waiting for drop-off at the donation center.

But its hard. I don’t know why I like bags so much. I happened to be in the Container Store this week and of course I browsed the bags - they have some with features I like. But they are not substantially different from the ones I have, just colors and combinations I don’t have... But no. Not now.




No comments: