Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Gym Magic

Just a short post to document yet another case of "gym magic". I woke up feeling crummy all over. Stiff muscles (back and legs), joints aching (knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, hands), just feeble. But off I went to the gym to meet with my wonderful trainer. About 20 minutes in I realized how much better I felt.

So now, a couple of hours later, I feel better, though not great. But once again I see that going to the gym almost always makes me feel better. Hooray! It's still so hard to convince myself each time, hence the need to document.

3 comments:

KCF said...

I am SO with you on this! I have come to the point where I don't DREAD workouts/yoga classes/fill in the blanks. Like, I used to DREAD them all day long, plotting ways to avoid. Now I kind of march stoically to them. But I ALWAYS feel better afterward and wonder if I'll ever get to the point of looking forward to it.... feels like something very unreachable, frankly, or at least way way far off.

Liz said...

I look forward to the rest of the day with being better because I exercised. I never look forward to exercise. Every day, I would rather drink coffee and read the paper.
But there is nothing for it. If there was I would have found it.
We just gotta.
Liz

Alice Garbarini Hurley said...

Proud of you.