Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Silly little goals

I've been trying to meet my step goals on the Jawbone every day (except for the days I blow it off completely because I'm so far from the end at night and it's raining and nasty out).  So last night, I checked it, estimated how far to walk the dog, and came in and got ready to go to bed. I finally checked it again just before climbing in -and I was 200 steps short!  So I decided to go for it-I strolled in a circuit around my kitchen, living room and office. The really amusing part was how the dog faithfully trailed after me every single step! I always hand him a treat after I climb into bed, and so he is especially velcro'd to me as I go through bedtime motions just so he doesn't accidently miss it. So about five minutes of the two of us strolling in a circle made the goal. The phone lit up and the goal bar did its little spectacular dance. 

I'm not at all sure 200 steps has any impact on my health. However, I think maintaining a baseline of activity does have an effect, and the little reinforcements from the phone encourage making the goal consistently.

1 comment:

KCF said...

And, it's as much for your head as your body. Good for you!