Saturday, October 4, 2014

Slow and Steady?

In a third-time's-a-charm attempt, I will be running in the annual Dead Man's Run in Historic Congressional Cemetary.  I have signed up before but not not run it.  Despite a trip to the ER this week, a well-bandaged thumb doesn't rise to the level of excuse not to run.

I was wearing a big overshirt, but pretty much this is what I wore.
I've actually been training for this one, but differently than other times. I have been very very good at following a training plan, and only missed one workout since I started running again after the Attack of the Killer Tree.  But these have been low key workouts, intervals all, only three times a week.  So in contrast to other races where the training was erratic but harder, I'll be interested to see how I do.  I'll let you know.

In other news, when did I start thinking it is ok to wear workout clothes to places other than running trails or the gym?  I pulled up at the farmer's market Sunday morning, and as I got out of the car I realized I was wearing my running clothes from before.  My sweat had dried, but skin-tight clothes on main street, where I always run into people I know?  Not an experience I intend to repeat!


1 comment:

KCF said...

I dunno, Nan...you look pretty good to me!