Saturday, June 28, 2014

Seduced by good looks

I saw these at the farmers market and had to get them: yellow and purple cauliflower. I assume the taste the same. I'm going to combine them with my rainbow of heirloom carrots. I could roast them, but I'm thinking marinating for a day in a cilantro vinaigrette is more summery. 

The Foodist says to focus on eating good stuff and don't focus on eliminating and denying yourself other stuff. If you learn to love the good stuff- and make it easy on yourself to eat it- then eventually junk food just drops away to low enough levels you don't need to worry about it. The skeptic in me says very sarcastically "sure it does"- because the good stuff is always more work. But I'm willing to focus on seductively beautiful produce for now. 

1 comment:

KCF said...

Go colorful produce!