Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reversing the Course

So yeah, one week of eating the right stuff and bumping up the activity can change things. But really? What does this mean?

First, the facts:


I did in fact reverse the upward trend, and return towards the level I was at when I stalled. This week's average is two pounds lower than last week's average. This is good. There are enough low points in there to indicate an actual downward trend.  The main things that helped that, I think, are:  good weather, always alternatives on hand that met my criteria for acceptable; and bumping up the movement (which in turn was based on the weather).

The stress level at work this week was much less than last week, but on average hard to say about stress since my mother had her long-postponed shoulder operation yesterday.  She is doing really great   - I'm pretty sure all the life-threatening phases are behind us - but she's still in the hospital and I'll be spending a lot of time with her for the next few weeks.

Contributing to the stress level is my fancy new (and big) coffee pot broke this week. I am very dependent on that first cup of coffee, and am not in the best position to trouble shoot coffee problems before that first cup of coffee. So dealing with that at 5 a.m. was tragicomic, and resulted in both scald burns for me and coffee mess all over the kitchen.

And taxes not yet finished... in contrast to my self employed friends, its comically simple, just have to find everything then it will be 45 minutes tops. But I actually have to find everything first. It's the issue of getting started at all, squeezed in between teen dramas and hospital visits this weekend. So I think I'll do it now.

On the good news front, I'll be helping pick out a tux to rent for my boy this weekend for the prom in May!  Not quite like dress shopping, but a big pleasure never-the-less!

No comments: