Sunday, February 5, 2012

Not Losing = Gaining

No sooner did I decide I wasn't going to try to lose weight, then the brakes came off. I succeeded in holding the line for the holidays, but progressive "cheating" really exploded.  I should have thought this through: I tried to lose weight, and succeeded in not gaining. I give up and decide to maintain, but that changes my behavior enough that... oooops.

We're only talking a couple of pounds here, but its really discouraging. These are the couple of pounds that put my weight over a major round number line.

It's true that the more vigorous exercise I've been getting seems to make me hungrier. What were my secrets during the holidays? I think I ate lots and lots of fruit, which seems to have switched to nuts and granola and even chocolate for snacks.  Clearly not a good tradeoff there.

So, eternal vigilance. I do want to go down from where I am, but I'm not willing to obsess enough to get there. But I definitely need better choices to not gain. And tracking - but I think its more about planning than tracking.


2 comments:

KCF said...

Sigh. It is so difficult isn't it for us natural gainers. The lightest let-up and, hello, poundage. Tracking and planning. No getting around it.

Liz said...

sorry to be absent, I read but comments often get swallowed

glad the bad news about letting attention wander is balanced by the AMAZING news of your ability to get back to your runnning pace without a fall back

very cool!

Liz