Friday, September 16, 2011

Reset

One of the things I really like about the WW program is the way the points you use just reset. There are daily points, and no matter how much you eat in a day, the points start over tomorrow.

This is relevant because I have my worst time in the evenings during the week. I'm all alone with my dog, and she thinks frequent trips back to the kitchen are wonderful. No matter how tired I am, I have to have my little snack while sitting down and reading or writing in the quiet and solitude. Sadly, my resolve is at its weakest then, and that leads to incidents like the one last night involving chocolate Jo-Jos. Sigh.

But every morning is a new day. I mark off my excesses against my weekly budget for excesses (and how lovely a concept is that!) and start over in the morning with a fresh budget. And the daily budget is just fine all by itself. It doesn't require constant self denial to stay on it- instead, it forces a constant focus on fruits and vegetables to eat well while within the allowance. I have yet to prove whether the allowances will really lead to weight loss for me, especially when I use the weekly points. It feels more like maintenance, but I've now got less than 15 pounds to go and so that is probably right. There should be a tapering off of restrictions in order to get used to maintenance. The problem with that is it's hard to see any progress.

I'm thinking another cabbage family blitz is in the cards fir me, perhaps starting this weekend. Wish me luck.


Sherbert update