Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fro Yo

The big new sensation in town. You grab a cup, fill it with as many of their dozen or so flavors as you want, then top it with candy and hot fudge, and pay by weight.

So not worth it in my opinion, which was probably affected by the long line on Saturday night. But the favors were indistinguishably soft squishy: cookies and cream, chocolate, and coconut all tasted pretty much the same. And I guess the no or low fat is supposed to be good for you, but not with candy and hot fudge on top.

I'll hold out for locals like Moorenko or Giffords, or even a good dark chocolate from Ben and Jerry's. I do love my ice cream, and the denser the better. I'm less concerned about fat content than most dieters, and will try to portion control into reasonable calorie counts.


Sherbert update

No comments: